Sponsored App Review: 91 Launcher Pro
91 Launcher is an Android launcher and home screen app that offers users over 3,000 different themes, as well as over 7,000 different HD wallpapers. It dazzles users with refreshing list effects as well as a unique look and feel that users are able to change however and whenever they want. There’s a universal search feature for those looking to search the web, find contacts on their device and of course find apps and games on their device. On top of all the different launcher effects and functionality, there is also a built-in battery saver as well as a built-in speed booster app. 91 Launcher Pro also features a sort of 3D Touch effect that gives users four different categories of effects, all of which help to further bring alive the look and feel that a user has created for their home screen.
Just like 91 Locker as well as other launcher apps from the Play Store, 91 Launcher is a free download for users to get on their device. Once they have done, they might be greeted with some sort of an ad. I was prompted to install an app I had never heard of before I could start to use 91 Launcher for the first time.
Launchers like these are pretty common in the Play Store, as they use suggested apps and other ads in order to stay free, as well as make a little money. Once you’ve gotten past the ad, however, users will note how different their home screen looks when using 91 Launcher.
There are simple little prompts onscreen to make it nice and simple to navigate around the app, and there’s one thing that 91 Launcher does do better than a lot of other launcher apps, and that’s offer over 7,000 different wallpapers for their users.
These wallpapers are easily broken up into different categories and there are daily updates here as well, with more wallpapers being added all of the time. The updates that come to the different wallpapers are often themed, and those on the 31st were of course Halloween-themed, which is nice to see. Users can easily apply the different wallpapers from within the app, and there are also complete themes – of which there are 3,000 or more of – for users to choose from, which will completely change the look of the overall launcher.
The individual themes all have their different styles, and some of them really look quite good, such as Drifting Bottle theme, and again, applying the themes is really simple, too.
An interesting feature of 91 Launcher is the 3D Touch feature. Not to be confused with the iPhone or any hardware feature, this is merely a way to show off different effects on your home screen such as fireworks, bursts, star bursts and a whole lot more, too.
In the above shot, we can see the burst effect applied for the 3D Touch feature, and while I think this is a key feature of the app I was disappointed to see that it wasn’t enabled by default, which is something that confused me slightly. There are also swipe effects for changing from one page to another as well, which will appeal to fans of aftermarket launchers, as there are few default launchers that offer such effects.
The Search feature included in 91 Launcher does a great job of presenting users with different trending topics, as well as the ability to look up contacts and apps on their devices.
This feature does also come with suggested ads, which is something that a lot of people will be put off by, such as this ad for Battlefield 1, which you can’t even play on a smartphone or tablet. As a core Launcher app however, 91 Launcher has a lot going for it, such as a simple app drawer interface that’s familiar and easy to use.
The extras included here in 91 Launcher just keep on coming, however, as there are also battery boost as well as speed boost features packed into 91 Launcher, which might be a bad thing depending on how you feel about these sorts of features. Either way, there’s a lot to offer here.
Scene themes are a fun addition to the app, and this will make your home scree feel like a beach or whatever else you’ve chosen from the selection.
In these Scene Themes, apps are launched by the item in the scene, so tapping on the phone here will launch the phone app, and the camera on the desk will launch the camera app, which is a nice option for users looking for a little more flare to their launcher.
91 Launcher has a lot packed into it, and while this might be a bad thing depending on your outlook, users can – within reason – pick and choose which features they want as part of the app. Some features however, such as the speed boost and battery boost options that are often little more than ways to kill all running apps in the background and offer a gimmick effect. There are, however, a number of nice additions to the overall experience here such as the ability to choose from a myriad of different scrolling effects as users move from one screen to another. On top of that, there are over 3,000 different themes included as well as almost 10,000 wallpapers in HD quality with more and more of each being added every single day. To further customize the experience there are also different effects when users roll their fingers over their display, but whether or not I’d call this 3D Touch is a different story.
• Speed (4/5) – Everything in 91 Launcher runs well, and some of the extra features might just speed up your device and save you battery life.
• Theme (4/5) – With a vast range of different wallpapers and themes, and more of them on their way all of the time, there’s a lot to love about 91 Launcher, and all the additional themes and wallpapers look great.
• Features (4/5) – Some of the additional features will be unwelcome by some, but the majority of the app adds a lot of value to Android in general, and won’t let you down when you need a little boost.
• Overall (4/5) – A solid, feature-packed Launcher for Android, 91 Launcher is well worth looking into, and has a lot of extra features that some will find really useful. The majority of users, however, will be unable to argue with the excellent overall look and feel of the app and the myriad of options available to them.
• Gives users a choice from almost 10,000 different wallpapers, all of which are in HD quality and more are constantly being added all of the time.
• 3D Touch gives users a fun effect on their home screen that’s nice to play with and has a number of different options to it, as well.
• With over 3,000 different themes, it’s super-easy to make 91 Launcher look and feel the way that you want it to.
• Speed boost and battery booster features will give those on lower-end devices something of a boost when the device is running slowly.
• Suggested apps to install and ads will get in the way of the experience for a lot of users and can be off-putting.
• The included speed and battery booster features won’t do a tremendous amount for users, but it is nice to see them offered.
All-in-all, 91 Launcher is the sort of app that might not appeal to everyone looking for a launcher, but it will give those looking for a lot of themes and wallpapers to choose from another excellent choice on Android. It runs well, gives users a lot of extra features, and has some speed boost features included. All of this might be free, but users should be aware that suggested apps and ads can be frequent here.